State STEM networks are essential leaders of educational change. These networks come together in STEMx.
STEMx is a multi-state coalition made up of 21 states and territories. (See our map) Our organization provides a key resource to any state looking to do more with STEM.
Here are a few of the benefits we provide:
- Collective impact: Coordinate action on shared STEM education goals with partners across the country
- Recognition: Membership in STEMx provides evidence of a network’s leading position in their state
- Insight and coordination on policy: STEMx serves as a united voice for STEM networks to Congress and the White House
- Tested advice: Action-oriented working groups, monthly webinars and blog posts detail best practices from across the country
- Success in action: Visit some of the country’s leading STEM organizations and see how to apply their solutions to your program and share what you’ve learned
Still not convinced?
Here’s an update on our work in just the last year:
- Our national meeting, STEMxchange, brought together over 30 STEMx members to discuss STEM education issues with education leaders in Texas.
- Provided input to leading policy makers on the Every Student Succeeds Act and potential Perkins Act re-authorization legislation.
- Partnered with 100Kin10 help states ensure STEM is supported in their ESSA plan by developing http://www.successwithstem.org/.
- Joined the Computer Science Education Coalition and 100Kin10 (as a part of Battelle).
- Funded the expansion of the North Carolina STEM Center program to Colorado.
- Provided technical assistance to address the communication needs across the Network.
- Partnered with NSTA to highlight STEMx initiatives at the NSTA STEM Forum and Expo.
- Identified highly effective resources across STEMx.
- Held webinars on policy issues, STEM education resources and new education programs within STEMx networks.
- Introduced the first cohort of STEMx Policy Fellows, which are state legislators from 5 STEMx.
- Continued to expand STEMx membership, with the addition of South Carolina, Virgin Islands, Utah, and West Virginia.
Interested in joining? Contact Regina Schofield.