by Margaret Ashida, director of the STEMx network
Today, I’ll be on a call with some of the great folks leading Code.org. So, it’s a great reason to post a quick walkthrough of what the STEMx network does and why we do it.
- Mission: connect state networks and education stakeholders to accelerate the growth of policies, practices and relationships needed to advance three things:
- Student success
- Educator effectiveness
- State and community mobilization
- Our network collaborators are from a diverse range of backbone organizations:
- Representing statewide coalitions with support from education, business, policy-makers, community
- Committed to sharing information, knowledge, tool development that would benefit others
- United in the belief that local innovation, with state leadership, can and will yield national impact
- Network operation: We’re managed by BattelleEd, a venture of Battelle
- Current action teams (click here to see a few examples of what we create together)
- Federal & State Policy
- Promising Practices & Innovations
- Communications & Advocacy
If this looks like the kind of thing that might be useful, register to hear from us about news around the STEMx network at www.stemx.us/sign-up.